This week I am talking with Jen Edmon & Meg Kawahara, all about balance as moms, wives, and businesswomen. Jen has been an entrepreneur for 10 years doing event planning & as a designer. She is also the owner of Event Hollow. Meg Kawahara is a hobby lifestyle photographer turned pro, all while balancing life with a newborn. We dive deep into the realms of balancing life with a newborn, redefining physical, mental and emotional balance, and letting go of the mom guilt.
In today’s show we discuss:
- Jen’s redefining balance and what has worked for her.
- The physical, mental, and emotional balance & how Meg navigates through her daily life.
- Jen & Meg’s advice on knowing when and how to recalibrate.
- A reference to Sheryl Sandberg’s book, Lean In.
- How we, as moms, can let go of the internal guilt to have it all balanced, and stop comparing ourselves to others.
Meet the Biz Moms
Jennifer Edmon is the founder of Event Hollow, a wedding industry tech startup for brides to book their entire wedding online. She’s a mom of three babes and one of the most tenacious entrepreneurs that I know, braving the tech investors as a woman, as a m
om, and as a new company.
Event Hollow Instagram (@eventhollow)
Event Hollow | Curated Wedding Vendors Near You
I am Mom. I am Wife. I am Founder. I am Woman. And I am damn good at it.
Meg Kawahara is a lifestyle family photographer and has two littles, Benji is just about 6 months old and Maddy is 3! Meg is super fun, super sweet and keeps it real when it comes to momming and running a business. Fun fact, her husband’s family owns and operates a flower nursery in Morgan Hill (Meg, Jen used to be a florist and wedding planner).